Monday, November 1, 2010

Water Tower Series


I love shooting series of the same. I've done some old barns of Pennsylvania, light houses of Jersey and Maine, and a few others. I've started a water tower set wishing that I had a picture of all those town towers I drove by during my time living on the East coast.  I would be hard pressed in trying to convince someone of a 20 year re-do. So this begins my search for the West coast towers that I have already and will continue to encounter during my travels.
All pictures were done digitally with the noticeable post production artwork. I attempted to enhance the look by matching up each tower with it's own similar surface area.
































5 comments:

  1. Those are fantastic. I really like your use of textured paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those backgrounds are throwing me off - mind trickery! ;)

    But I, too, love water towers! We have some great ones in Portland that you should come photo for your west coast tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jude!
    Sorry to promote myself here but you told me to let you know when Little Bird was ready. Well, he is!

    It is with a joyful heart that I make the announcement of the birthing of my first published book, "Little Bird You Are Perfect."

    Little Bird lives in the magical location of the red, red rocks of Sedona and is most beautifully illustrated by artist Richa Kinra, who has brought my children's book to life. Below, you will find a synopsis the book. I would be honored if you would visit my book page at Barnes and Noble online and consider a purchase for the children, parents, and grandparents in your life.

    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Little-Bird-You-Are-Perfect/Shelley-Joy/e/9781936352647/?itm=1

    Little Bird You Are Perfect by Shelley Joy
    Little Bird awakens to a perfect day. It is going to be his first real taste of the real world and he is so excited! What he finds during his adventure,is something entirely different. His excitement about his perfect day turns
    to sadness when he realizes that he is different from all of the other birds he encounters and is reminded of his differences by a group of more grown up birds who tease him. A visit by Native American Sorceress Kanka, changes Little Bird’s outlook on himself as he gazes into the pools of her eyes and he sees himself as the Great Spirit sees him, perfect in every way! Just like Little Bird, YOU are perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *love* that first one! If you decide to sell any, let me know! I'd love that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first one reminds me of a water tower across from where I lived in AZ for a time. I have a painting of it somewhere i'll have to photograph it and show you the similarity if i can find it.

    ReplyDelete